Friday, July 18, 2014

Ceiling Fan Fight

The other day I was watching the classic western film "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"
I hadn't seen it since high school, but I'll never forget that scene were the three men fight in the bar. 

During the brawl the camera cuts to a high angle shot just above the ceiling fan's rotating blades, serving as a metronome to set the pace of the action.

Except... t
hat scene isn't in the movie. 

Seizing on this idea, I started developing some rough sketches looking down from above on a fight taking place in a private detective's office in the style of a pulp magazine or film noir. 

It seems I'm either remembering the scene from somewhere else or the past ten years of memory has started to fade and gradually be replaced with my own interpretive imagination. You might say, its the stuff that dreams are made of.



 


 


4 comments:

  1. A great use of perspective...,..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought it'd be a good way to challenge myself.

      Delete
  2. Cool perspective. The first panel is my fav. Like the opened file cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought the open file cabinet added character and showed a sign of a struggle.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...