Friday, September 5, 2014

Warm Hugs for the End of Summer




Continuing with the commissions that I posted last week, Emily was eager to have me draw some other Disney characters as well. In her request for Olaf, I saw an opportunity to polish up a sketch I had done earlier this summer. I may tinker with this one a bit more, I could really stand to experiment with my application of color.




Another animated Disney sidekick who stole the show that Emily was looking to have drawn was Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy done up in this Alphonse Mucha Art Noveau style. 


I had hoped to make this a do a double theme with Olaf and Groot both giving hugs. Although tree huggers are likely to come away with plenty of splinters from Groot. Ouch! 

I may come back to that some time later, but its September now, so I'm starting to brainstorm ideas on what I should do for Halloween next month.

Please make any suggestions you would like to see in the comments!


Sketch ya' later!

2 comments:

  1. The Olaf hug art looks amazing. Loving the colors. I'm going to have to brainstorm about some suggestions the throw at you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...